Tuesday, February 09, 2010

DARWIN

I gave blood at St. John the Evangelist Church on Sunday morning. It's the church I was baptized in. Originally my appointment was for noon & I intended to go to 10:00 Mass. However, I ended up giving blood slightly after 10:00 & attended 12:15 Mass. The Super Bowl went well. Fran & Uncle Frankie came over. Everybody except me watched the big game. I didn't bother with anything except the Who. They were quite good even though Roger Daltrey & Pete Townshend are the only ones left. Unfortunately we all ate entirely too much. I watched Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto" again over the weekend. Yesterday I went back to Barnes & Noble over in Wilkes_Barre. It's a good idea to walk around somplace like that to get exercise. It's too cold to walk outside. I recently finished "The Merchant Of Venice" & have started reading Etienne Gilson's "From Aristotle to Darwin & Back Again: A Journey in Final Causality, Species and Evolution" just in time for Darwin's two hundred & first birthday, which he shares with Honest Abe.