Saturday, February 16, 2008

CARMELITE MEETING

As virtually always, I managed to be the first one to show up at this morning's meeting. It's a nice quiet environment over there. Another typical thing happened. One of the residents, an old woman, didn't recognize me & asked what I was doing there. I usually run into somebody like that once for each visit. Sister Catherine showed up a little while after I got there. Rosemary, Anne & a couple of other ladies also made it. There were the inevitable absentees. We don't have enough people. Unfortunately, Sr. Catherine told us that Mary Anne is extremely ill. She & Anne both left early to visit her in a local hospital. I got elected as formation director. They gave me a huge book to work with from now on. Yesterday the weather was bad with rain & snow but today we got a nice break. After a cold morning, it's been much nicer lately. That's good because I have to lector at 5:00 Mass today. Yesterday, in lieu of meat, I ate all sorts of peanut butter & jelly, cheese & pizza. I passed by Sabatini's Pizzeria in Exeter yesterday & could have sworn that it's been closed down & replaced by a furniture store.

No comments: