Tuesday, January 06, 2009

GAS PRICES UP AGAIN

This morning, on my way home from 8:00 Mass at St. John the Evangelist in Pittston, I couldn't help noticing that all the local gas prices have been going up again. It's the first time this has happened in the past many months. Mary Anne called yesterday with all the latest news from New York. Steve, Sam, Mike & I are on each other's Facebook friends lists anyway so I can always keep up with them that way too. Uncle Frankie has been ill lately so we haven't seen him but my parents have been in touch with him on the phone. Amazingly, the W era will very soon be over. As of right now, we are only two weeks away from a new administration in the White House. I've been trying to cut down on junk food now that the Christmas & New Year's pig out time is over with. It's kind of a bit of a New Year's resolution. Usually I can be counted on to do quite a reasonably good job of avoiding going out of my way to get any food that isn't readily available. It's only when it's always there & I can't possibly avoid it, that I'm in big trouble. According to cousin Gary's daughter, Tina, today is La Befana, the very last day of the Christmas season. That's the name of the Italian celebration.

No comments: