Thursday, August 13, 2009

TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR


Uncle Frankie & Fran showed up for a while yesterday. It was his real birthday. She has to get a new car so she was in town to do some shopping around. Today's cousin Maelene's birthday. Her real name's Mary Ellen. Maelene is just a nickname I gave her because it's the Irish version of her name. St. John's annual feast in Pittston is starting tonight. A couple of years ago I was on a winning streak at those church feasts. I won a bunch of horror movies at St. John's. It was somewhat hard to park there this morning. I hope their weather will be much better than it was last night. It was pouring out. In the Carolinas they got eight inches in eight hours. At least the construction work by the bridge seems to be less intense today than it's been lately. There was no road block, unlike the past few days. I have a slight headache today. I got one a few days ago too. It must be from the weather. Maybe it's because I've been doing too much reading. I've been trying to read a lot of "Don Quijote" each day. I continue to practice my guitar each day too.