Saturday, January 02, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Yesterday was Doug's birthday. He's my cousin Michelle's husband. It's time to welcome 2010. It's kind of like a sequel to 2001. The first decade of our century is now over. I didn't even bother to stay up to greet the new year because there was nothing going on. I watched quite a few episodes of the "Twilight Zone" marathon on the SyFy Channel. Surprisingly when I got to St. Joseph's at 8:20 a.m yesterday the doors were locked. If anyone showed up for 9:00 Mass it must have been at the last minute. Only one woman showed up besides me & she left too. I went to 10:00 Mass at St. John's in Pittston. It snowed over the weekend. I only ended up having to do around five minutes of shoveling because it wasn't so bad although it was hard to drive through it while it was still coming down. Uncle Frankie is still visiting Fran. They called my parents yesterday to say hello & happy new year. One of the things I've always dreaded about January each year is that I shall eventually have to get my car inspected.