Friday, June 01, 2007

JUNE IS BUSTING OUT ALL OVER



KrissyKrissyKrissy is back a day earlier than I had expected. I finished Emma yesterday & started immediately upon my umpteenth reading of Flannery O'Connor's Wise Blood. Liberals don't like her, for all the predictable reasons. She's always been a very favorite of mine. Her two books are both very short. She also wrote a veritable plethora of short stories, essays, etc. She only lived to be thirty nine years old. Fran came over for a little while last night. Uncle Frankie has a bit of trouble with his back. The weather's been very warm lately & I don't suppose he's looking forward to all the aggravation. Oh, well, from what I've heard, Monsignor Hamilton's days as pastor of O.L.P.H. are just about over this month. What a long, strange trip it's been. It just won't be quite the same parish anymore.

No comments: