Saturday, December 15, 2007

CARMELITE MEETING


This morning I went back to Wilkes_Barre for our monthly Carmelite meeting. Sister Catherine gave each of us a Christmas present. Unfortunately we no longer have enough active members. Anne told us that Pope Benedict XVI is supposed to go to Yankee Stadium in April. I saw Pope John Paul II at Aqueduct Racetrack in the 1990's. All_I should say, technically, both_my Christmas cards have been sent out. My exhaustingly long list of snail mail connections took all of most probably five entire minutes to finish. E mail(internet in general, I should say) reigns supreme as my preferred means of communication. Don't even THINK of getting me started on my opinion of the phone. Today on my way home, some stark raging idiot ran a light on a turn when I (who had the right of way)was going straight on South Street. A for really & for truly moron was he. There's supposed to be a major blizzard starting tonight at around 8:00 p.m. The priest at Mass today said nobody knows exactly how it's going to turn out though. I have to lector at 10:00 a.m. Mass tomorrow but who knows if I'll even be able to make it. Uncle Frankie's been back up & around again lately. Usually he comes over for at least a little while most days. Last night I went to a Divine Mercy cenacle at St. Joseph's Church in Port Griffith.

No comments: