Friday, December 14, 2007

VERY SNOWY DAY YESTERDAY


I couldn't get out through the blizzard much of yesterday. My father, Uncle Frankie, Big Gino & I all went to work plowing the snow. It was quite an annoying time but it all worked out. Last winter's weather stunk & I'm most certainly not looking forward to yet another trouncing. When I went to the post office to mail one of my Christmas cards, there was a bit of a line. The pregnant woman right behind me reminded us of the big Valentine's Day blizzard from last winter. Reruns of "The Twilight Zone" were on for a few hours yesterday. I couldn't help noticing that a lot of the faces are very familiar from those days, but I hardly recognize any of the names. Ann Jillian(from "It's A Living", James Best(from "The Dukes of Hazzard" & Sandy Kenyon are fairly well known names though. "I Love Lucy" was another show I watched last night. I've just read Charles Krauthammer's column, in the Washington Post, about how Romney, Obama, & Huckabee have made what he purports are entirely unacceptable references to religion in the public square. He's right about there always having been an awfully lot of confusion among people, throughout this country's history, about establishment & free exercise. He cited a quote from each of them. Each of the lines he noted, though, struck me as quite commendable. The only problem is that we're dealing with a country where all sorts of people have all sorts of points of view.

No comments: