Thursday, December 27, 2007

LOUSY DAY WEATHER.WISE


Bridget's feeling quite well so far. All worked out pretty well for her. She was so tired yesterday after all she was forced to go through. Mary Anne promised to take her shopping today. The weather is icy cold & drizzling though. The sky is one gigantic grey cloud. Winters are awfully dreary around here. Yesterday I read a few dozen more pages of that Chaucer biography. It turns out that he wrote the "Troilus & Cressida" that, I should assume, was the source of Shakespeare's famous play. His inspiration was a work by Boccaccio. My head's always been full of these kinds of artsy fartsy facts & figures. I spend lots of time on the internet these days, like lots of other people. There are all sorts of altercations between extreme right(including me for sure) & left(eeew!) wingers. So far, though, I seem to have avoided making any unnecessary enemies. It's just a question of behaving at least reasonably well & not stooping to personal attacks. We have less than a year to got yet before the big election so those kinds of differences are inevitably going to get quite seriously heated up. One of these days I shall have to call Mary Ellen for Christmas. I promised Vinnie I'd try to get around to it. She likes to talk on the phone an awfully long time though. The phone's always been yet another of my major pet peeves. Even the very sight, sound etc. of it has always gotten me stark raging nutso. The new year approaches. Let's hope it's a good one without any fear. At various times over the course of the day, Aunt Lauren, Uncle Frankie, Fran & Lisa came over yesterday.

No comments: