Monday, February 25, 2008

BEATLE GEORGE BIRTHDAY BOY

As February progresses slowly into March, we try quite hard to recuperate from our recent snowstorm. It's getting warmer but mornings are awfully icy. Today, if he could have lived, George Harrison would have been sixty five years old. Uncle Frankie & Fran came over on Saturday night for coffee & a pastry. After he & my parents went to Michelle's grandfather's wake, Uncle Frankie came back last night for coffee & Dunkin' Donuts. Fran went back to work early. I watched "The Diary of A Country Priest". It's a real classic. I've always liked old movies & this one's one of the really good ones. Unfortunately, it's entirely in French, & I don't speak French. I was really forced to give my undivided attention to all the subtitles. I finished "The Thanatos Syndrome" yesterday & have started Jules Verne's "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". Yesterday there were all sorts of ambulance's, policemen & emergency vehicles at a house across the street. They were there for quite a while. One of the neighbors died. His obituary was in the paper this morning. For the information of all you liberal Democrats: Yesterday I watched something about a new book, just written, that shows the hidden history of the Democratic party. The author of the book makes the point that Woodrow Wilson & FDR were both quie friendly with the KKK.

No comments: