Friday, January 02, 2009

HAPPY 2009!

New Year's Eve & Day went quite well though they were both entirely too fattening. There was a really nice snowfall New Year's Eve but it didn't amount to anything bad. I didn't bother to do any partying this year. I just pigged out on a meal with my parents & Uncle Frankie. Of course, he showed up with quite a whole lot of candy & cookies. The next morning, before 10:00 Mass at O.L. Sorrows, as I was getting gas & the paper at the Shoemaker Ave. Unimart, I ran into him at the gas pumps. He seems to be recuperating quite well, so far, from his cold. Over the course of both days, unlike many people I didn't bother to watch any sports. I spent the time watching reruns of "The Twilight Zone" & "The Honeymooners". They've always been two of my very favorite shows. Of course, many of the inevitable phone calls. Aunt Lauren, Mary Anne, Fran, & Rose, among others called. Today we get to do the very first ever Friday dance of the new year.

No comments: