Wednesday, February 25, 2009

ASH WEDNESDAY

It's Ash Wednesday. Today's a day of fast & abstinence. From now on there will be no more meat on Friday until after Easter. I lectored at 9:00 Mass this morning & have to be back to cover for Mary at 4:00 too. Life's been going on reasonably consistently lately. Uncle Frankie showed up recently. I just wasn't around at the time. I finished "A Confederacy Of Dunces" yesterday & started Graham Greene's "The Power & the Glory". I've read it a couple of times before. I've been astonished to find yet even more people with my last name on Facebook. Agnes asked me if it's Spanish but it's Italian. I don't know of any specific connection to Spain. Either way it's obscure enough that I never could have expected to track down so many of us. I just can't wait for this winter to end. It's getting boring beyond belief by now. It's Beatle George's sixty sixth birthday.

No comments: