Tuesday, July 21, 2009

NICE FEAST


The library was crowded yesterday so I got kicked out early. I went to Barnes & Noble for a while. There was nothing interesting going on over there. It was just an average day. It was also the fortieth anniversary of man's very first steps on the moon. I can still remember that day even now, even though I was only nine years old at the time. I saw Woody Allen's "Match Point" yesterday. I've always been quite interested in Allen's movies. They consistently appeal to my very offbeat side. On Saturday & Sunday I made sure I went over to St. Anthony of Padua in Exeter, to their annual feast. My parents, Uncle Frankie, Fran & Lisa, & Gino & Michelle went on Sunday. There was quite a lot of eating & gambling for one & all. I even got some beer too. This year I didn't win anything though. I'm still playing "Do You Want to Know A Secret?" every day on the guitar. It's easy to play but hard to remember the exact chords for it. Today would have been Daren's birthday. Unfortunately she died around four years ago. I'm still reading "The Possessed". It gets even more interesting each time I read it.