Thursday, October 01, 2009

DREARY FEAST DAY

Today is the first day of October. I took out the garbage & put a bunch of leaves in front of the house this morning. Frequently the leaves smell extremely seriously gross but today they weren't quite so bad somehow. I woke up this morning to a very dreary day with lots of clouds. The cold autumn weather seems to have made its appearance. I also have a seriously annoying headache. It's the Feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, The famous Little Flower of the Carmelites. Later today will be the last day of the novena. Yesterday when I went to the church, I couldn't help noticing that the Unimart gas station nearby was selling gas for only $2.38.9, the lowest I've seen in quite a while. Of course I couldn't resist that price so I made sure I filled my tank. The bridge work is still going on. So far it hasn't interfered with anything I've been doing so I don't mind. Even when they're not working on the main part of the bridge, where people have to drive, they always seem to be doing something on the part that's by the river.