Monday, November 23, 2009

JFK

The weekend went by quite well. I finished reading "Northanger Abbey" & started re_reading "The Possessed". I lectored at 10:30 Mass yesterday. On the way home from Mass I went over to Uncle Frankie's. Fran cooked a really nice meal. My parents got there a little while after I did. Gary called last night. A couple of hours later Larry & Rose called too. THe called my father to see how he is. Somehow I didn't end up getting a chance to talk to Larry & Rose but I spent around fifteen minutes on the phone with Gary. Yesterday was the forty sixth anniversary of the JFK assassination. That was the moment that set the 1960's into gear, like the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand & his wife Sofia brought on World War I. My nephew Michael's been picking my brain about philosohy yet again. He's taking an ethics class at Hofstra now. I took one at S.U.N.Y. Farmingdale a while ago. Marlene Groner taught the class I took. The weather today is cold but very nice. Yesterday was the forty sixth anniversary of JFK's assassination.