Saturday, November 21, 2009

PA. DRIVERS

Yesterday I read more of "Northanger Abbey" & more of the essays & other things in that book about "The Waste Land". This morning I went to the Carmelite meeting in Wilkes_Barre. There were a half dozen of us in attendance. Besides attending to the usual details, we made preparations for upcoming events & decided to send a gift to Sr. Catherine, who is now convalescing in Cincinnati, Ohio. As I was going home on Wyoming Avenue, I was forced to bluff my way through the usual gang of Pa. idiots. A woman drove right in front of me from the southbound lane to get to the opposite side of the street to pull into a parking lot. A guy in a truck drove right into my lane from that lane, into oncoming traffic, for at least a few seconds. We say happy birthday today to Sarah in Michigan. She's cousin Leonard's granddaughter. Tomorrow I shall have to lector at 10:30 Mass. That's usually pretty easy for me.