Friday, December 11, 2009

MILESTONE BIRTHDAY

It's very cold & windy today but at least it's not snowing or icy. My father's hospital stay, as of early this afternoon, is over. All went well except that he won't be able to do much of anything for another two weeks. My mother's never had a driver's license so they'll be driving me nuts for a while. Mary Anne showed up alone without Steve or the kids. Uncle Frankie's been very helpful. The phone rang all day & all night long yesterday. We heard from many relatives. Aunt Lauren showed up. Linnae called to ask if I'd be willing to cover for her tomorrow at 5:00 Mass. Today the Ronald hits a milestone birthday. He's sixty. The visiting priest showed up again this morning for Mass. I got my first Christmas card of the year on Wednesday. It was from Carole & Bob. She was my supervisor when I first started working at Citicorp in Farmingdale & Melville.