Thursday, February 11, 2010

RAGING BLIZZARD

I finished reading the book by Etienne Gilson yesterday, although I still have some of the appendix left. Yesterday I drank a cup of hot tea with lemon. It was quite enjoyable & I'm thinking of getting back into the habit. A couple of days ago I saw Alfred Hitchcock's "The Farmer's Wife", a silent movie from 1928. Yesterday's weather was an absolute nightmare but at least it was only temporary. We got eight inches of snow. Everything was, as always, closed down for the day. I shoveled the sidewalk & driveway but it served no purpose. It was just really good exercise. As always my windshield wiper, on the driver's side, flipped out on me. At least it's easy to fix. This morning Dave came over to shovel all of it. I'm quite happy my trip to Washington wasn't this week or I should have been forced to miss out on it. As always I've been practicing "Norwegian Wood" on my guitar.