Thursday, June 21, 2007

SUMMER MY TIME OF YEAR


Welcome to the very first day of summer. So far it's been a doozy. Today's cousin Larry's birthday. Pretty soon will be the Fourth of July. Walk, don't run, to Hilldale. Otherwise, my favorite cousin, Arnold Ziffel, may beat you to the chow line. There should be, from what I've been hearing, quite a really big turnout this year. I'm still reading that Thackeray book. Hey, those fifty pages a day really pile up. The traffic in the library is heavy & my computer is slow. That's about typical. Cathleen was available for a while to say hello but now she has to work. Yesterday was a very nice day for me mail_wise. I got my copy of St. John the Baptist alumni magazine. My class, I suppose, won't be having a reunion this year. I also got my copy of Latin Mass. It's all about Catholic culture. It's quite interesting & educational, a perfect antidote & bulwark against all the never ending left_wing propaganda. Next year will be the fiftieth anniversary of the death of the great Pope Pius XII. I'm very happy to see that they're always pushing to have him beatified. They also covered the Siglo de Oro in Spain. I've always been a very big fan of Victoria, the Carmelite mystics, Cervantes, the first Jesuits, etc. It was good being able to read about them. Yesterday I made sure I finally trudged right on over to Rose's for a haircut. She's right at the shopping center by the 8th Street bridge. She's also very fast & very inexpensive. Now I'm all set for all the big festivities. There were, of course, a couple of old women ahead of me but it was over with reasonably fast anyway.

No comments: