Tuesday, September 25, 2007

NOVENA CONTINUES


Yesterday I took yet another crack at the trip to Wilkes_Barre for the St. Therese novena. Oddly, so far I haven't seen any of the Lay Carmelites I know there. They all live in the general area so it's a bit of a surprise for me that none of them has shown up. It was pure hell on wheels for me trying to find my way back home again. Because I left during rush hour the traffic was absolutely horrific. I was forced into making quite a whole lot of stupid mistakes. The entire general area over there is extremely confusing & scary for a beginner even at its very best anyway. All roads lead to nowhere. The weather's been really nice lately, not including the cold, foggy mornings. Uncle Frankie made his famous pasta recipe for my father's birthday. I made sure I sent Mary her latest birthday Beatle posty. Recently I got my latest issure of "Latin Mass" Magazine. I really enjoy it because it's a great way for me to keep track of all the otherwise unavailable things I should really like to get to know about western culture. It's a great bulwark against all the left_wing propaganda. The people who contribute to it most certainly seem to have their share of intense ideas, but they usually turn out to be on the right track. I didn't bother to watch a Hitchcock movie yesterday but I shall get back to it soon enough. I'm determined to make sure I see as many of them as possible.

No comments: