Thursday, January 24, 2008

INSPECTION TIME

Yesterday was time for my car inspection. I went over to one of my very favorite places, Jack Williams. Mario was in charge of the job. I got there at 7:30 a.m. & was kept waiting until around 5:30 p.m. because it was a major job. I made sure I went home for the whole time because I would have gone stark raging nuts over there all day. I've finished reading "Northanger Abbey" & started Flannery O'Connor's "Wise Blood". Uncle Frankie went to visit Fran yesterday. My father has a very bad cold or something & is extremely seriously hoarse lately. When I first got up yesterday & turned on my TV set, I found out about the death, on Tuesday, of Heath Ledger. Suzanne Pleshette died a few days ago. I remember her from "The Bob Newhart Show". Recently an ESPN anchorwoman, Dana Jacobson, attacked Jesus Christ by saying, on TV, "F*&% Jesus". Hey I wonder where all those left_wing(ACLU etc) anti_defamation activists are when Christianity gets unjustly attacked. Oh that's right. They only defend(read: bow & scrape to) non_whites, non_Christians etc. Of course, ESPN isn't taking her uconscionably disgusting behavior_she was intoxicated at the time, on top of that_even the least bit seriously. According to the New Oxford Review they've only suspended her for a week. Sarah Silverman & Kathy Griffin have also also gotten entirely out of hand with that kind of thing lately.

No comments: