Friday, February 01, 2008

BITTER BEGINNING OF MONTH

February has started out with an entirely unwelcome bang. The weather is very cold & rain is coming down in the form of ice. Besides Fr. Walsh, only three of us made it to 9:00 Mass this morning. Oh well, welcome to Pa. On top of everything else, the big Super Bowl party has been cancelled. Fran called last night. It appears that besides me & maybe her, everybody else is entirely too sick with the flu to be even remotely able to put up with it. I remember all the parties my father used to force us to go to at his American Legion post in Levittown, N.Y. It was a fun time but the cigarettes, crowd & noise always drove me nuts. I liked it because I got to hang around with Larry, Gary, Steve, Adrian & all the other characters. Yesterday I got my KofC dues notice. It's less expensive here than my O.L.P.H. council. I read even more of "The Possessed" yesterday too. Books like that for sure keep my brain cells hopping. At O.L. Sorrows this morning I found out that their blood drive will be on February 11 in the church. It's in the part where they seem to have all their parties, social functions, etc.

No comments: