Monday, January 28, 2008

BIRTHDAY GIRL

The party went really well but today's my mother's real birthday. Aunt Lauren, Uncle Jim, Michelle & Doug were there with the kids. Benjamin's still quite the avid little fireman. His fourth birthday is on Valentine's Day. Uncle Frankie, Fran & Lisa showed up. Mary Anne, Steve, Bridget & Sam were there. Mary Anne & Steve ended up having to give me a refresher course on how to make French toast. We went to the antique store in West Pittston & Wal_Mart to do some birthday shopping too. They also got me to dig up my TV show theme songs albums because they were wondering about the themes to "McHales' Navy" & Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C." Things like that have always been a specialty of mine. Bridget is a very big fan of all the old classic TV shows. She's most certainly entirely too old to be able to remember any of them though. Sam's still a soccer playing drummer. Michelle got a headache so I ended up giving her a couple of my favorite headache pills. This morning I got a job application & a bottle of white out from our local dollar store. I've finished reading that Flannery O'Connor book & started reading "The Possessed" by Dostoyevsky.

No comments: