Monday, March 17, 2008

HOLY WEEK

Saturday I went to O.L.Sorrows where Linnae & I were the lectors. After Mass, as soon as I got home, I pigged out on corned beef & cabbage. All went well. Yesterday I went to the Latin Mass at Child Jesus Church. On the way home, it started snowing a little. I'm trying now to read "The Iliad" by Homer. It's a little on the thick side. Over the weekend I made sure I saw a few movies. I watched "A Man & A Woman" & "The Maltese Falcon" on Saturday. Unfortunately I ended up staying up until one in the morning. Yesterday I watched "The Blue Angel". Rose called my mother yesterday with all the latest N.Y. gossip. Bridget called this morning on her way to the big parade in Manhattan. I even met RFK at his last parade when I was a young un. Tomorrow I shall have at least a fairly busy day up ahead of me. There's a job fair at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes_Barre. It lasts from 11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Yesterday I found out, in the Times Leader's jobs section, about the companies that will be showing up. I used to like the ones I attended at S.U.N.Y. Farmingdale & Adelphi. Today I made sure I got fifty copies of my resume from the library. I was forced to part with five dollars for them. I found out in the paper yesterday that they're looking for phlebotomists at the American Red Cross. I'd always assumed that that must require some kind of a specific college education like a background in health care. All they want, though, is a high school diploma & valid Pa. driver's license. They train.

No comments: