Tuesday, March 18, 2008

JOB FAIR

Today I made sure I showed up at the job fair at the Wachovia Arena in Wilkes_Barre. To get there, I followed my father, who knows the way much better than I . I came home by way of Rte. 81 & 309. There was lots of traffic but I didn't let it bother me. I gave out at least a dozen resumes. Like the New York job fairs it was all very informative & interesting. They even give out souvenirs & candy at each booth. Aunt Lauren was right. There were flights of steps to have to climb. Yesterday I watched the swearing_in of New York's new governor. It's very nice to see that he has a jolly good sense of humor. He appears to be quite a frustrated stand_up comic. That will serve him quite well, considering his ominous responsibilities. To my surprise, he's even Catholic. Among other distinguished characters, former Gov. Hugh L. Carey even showed up. I met him once in the late seventies while attending S.U.N.Y. Farmingdale. To my extreme chagrin, I just overheard the library ladies complaining that starting in May, a first class postage stamp will cost forty three cents. That more than kind of stinks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.