Wednesday, April 02, 2008

APRIL, FOOL

Once again, I'm stranded over at Kingston's library. The Wyoming librarian told me that the internet is still down over there. It's annoying & frustrating but not all that bad a deal. Amazingly, there were snow flurries this morning, April or no April. I'm absolutely sick & tired of it all. Lately I've been reading the poetry of Auden, Yeats & Blake. I've also been reading "The Iliad" & a few books about the Catholic Church. Each one only gets a little at a time, of course, or I'll end up way over my head. Mary Anne called yesterday. All most certainly appears to be going well so far over there. Uncle Frankie came over for a while yesterday. Because there was an electrical storm that started a little after 7:00 p.m., though, he ended up having to rush right back on home to take care of the dog. April Fool's Day went quite well with all the predictably obnoxious behavior. It's sort of a miniature Halloween. I think there's even a bit of a traditional connection between them, folklore_wise, too. Yesterday Hillary Clinton & Barack Obama were both in Wilkes_Barre. I don't like either of them. John McCain, to my chagrin, is no peach either. I'm most certainly not looking forward to the big day in November because there's just no right answer.

No comments: