Saturday, July 26, 2008

NICE QUIET WEEKEND SO FAR

Yesterday went quite well. Uncle Frankie showed up for a while. There doesn't seem to be anything interesting going on with him lately. He & my father are supposed to go to a big game tonight. They got the tickets, & McDonald's coupons, from Fran a while ago. I made sure I spent even more time practicing my guitar & reading that book about Marxism yesterday. Last night, I ate a fudgesicle. It was the very first time, in quite a while, that I'd eaten one. It was most certainly no big deal, just plain average chocolate. I've tasted better in my lifetime. This morning, right after 7:30 Mass at O.L. Mt. Carmel I made sure I stopped for gas at the gas station right next door. The gas over there is about twenty cents less expensive than it was only around a week ago. For whatever reason, the price has been steadily dropping lately. Today at 5:00 I have to lector at Mass. I just got a surprise from Mark, from my old KofC council 794 over in Lindenhurst. The guy has never even so much as sent me a single e mail, even for the sake of a bad joke, since I left New York & now he wants us to be on each other's friends lists at the Reunion website. It sounds good by me. I'm just plum confused about it all. Mark's always been quite a confusing sort in general anyway though.

No comments: