Tuesday, September 16, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

Well it's my big day. They say the first forty nine years are the toughest & after that it's supposedly all just one long blast. I got my St. John the Baptist alumni bulletin yesterday. Many congratulations to Wally Lace, my twelfth grade sociology teacher, who's now their principal. Wally's celebrating forty years of affiliation with SJB. Congratulations are also due to Sister Rose Taranto, O.P. who is celebrating seventy years as a professed Religious. Unfortunately I found out about the deaths of Sister Christophine Rogers, O.P. & Sister Mercy Posthauer, O.P. Sister Christophine was one of my music teachers in the ninth grade. Sister Mercy was one of my theology teachers in the eleventh & twelfth grade. Last night I went to O.L. Sorrows because it was the parish's patronal feast day. Of course, Fr. Walsh made me help with evening prayer. There was dessert with coffee, tea, etc. after it was all over. Yesterday I also made sure I took advantage of Fran's & Lisa's gift card at Blockbuster to get DVD's of "Across the Universe" & "Bella".

No comments: