Friday, October 10, 2008

ULTIMATE IRONY

Yesterday, on Beatle John's birthday, I got a haircut! Considering that he was instrumental in making us men get lazy about haircuts in the first place, that's quite a surprise. Having made a 2:30 appointment at the Eighth Street barber shop, I got there at around 2:15 ish. That's a shocker for me because I'm usually insanely early for everything. It was just the usual desperately needed haircut. All went well & I was finished at around 2:30 ish. The weather this morning was very foggy & colder than I can handle. When I was on my way to St. John's for 8:00 Mass I noticed that they're paving the streets of Pittston. Those streets are an absolute nightmare, so it's about time. I also saw gas stations where they only charged $3.19.9 a gallon. Financially, that's the only good news these days. Fran & Bridget called yesterday. As far as I know, Fran's still sick. Bridget didn't have to go to school because it was Yom Kippur. To the best of my knowledge, my father & Uncle Frankie will be going to yet another game tonight. I've started reading "King Lear" again. Recently I started it & plum forgot to finish it.

No comments: