Monday, October 06, 2008

PLUM FORGOT OKTOBERFEST

Cheryl called Saturday & asked me to lector for her yesterday. We switched & she took Saturday. Fr. Urban was there instead of Fr. Walsh. He read a letter from Bishop Martino reminding us that no one may, in good conscience, vote for a candidate who is pro_abortion. Of course, it wasn't all that big of a bombshell. Everybody who knows anything, & whose conscience is at least reasonably legitimately formed, knows that much. All worked out quite well this weekend. I even found fifty three cents in the suit jacket I wore yesterday. I didn't end up bothering to check out any local Oktoberfests that may have been around yesterday. Uncle Frankie showed up & hung around for a while. It was just a typical Sunday. Unfortunately I couldn't help noticing that I ended up pigging out on quite a whole lot of extra junk food yesterday. I need more iron in my diet but I don't need any more junk food. Yesterday, "I Love Lucy" was on all day long. Besides that I watched some of the vice presidential debate. Sarah Palin has a major twitch. In spite of what people say, I don't think she's doing it on purpose. It simply seems to be a weird involuntary quirk. As always, I've been playing my guitar. I haven't played in front of anybody else in quite a while, which is quite a very smart move. I'm getting there though.

No comments: