Friday, November 07, 2008

HAPPY FRIDAY

It's time once again for yet another Friday dance. My father took Uncle Frankie this morning to the V.A. for a doctor's appointment. Thanksgiving is coming up pretty soon. It's not much of a shopping day except for food. After that, though, is the part I've always dreaded beyond belief. Starting on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, the traffic will be an absolute nightmare until after Christmas. I was very happy to find out that California, Florida, & Arizona have banned homosexual marriage. Oddly, we've recently elected a president who, to my chagrin, would be quite happy to go in exactly the opposite direction. Yesterday's big news bombshell was that former V.P. candidate Sarah Palin couldn't do as well on a geography test as the average fourth grade kid, & that she's never heard of NAFTA. I'm still playing the guitar, of course, so I should be pretty good at it by the time anybody shows up who's willing to listen.

No comments: