Thursday, March 19, 2009

ST. JOSEPH'S FEAST DAY

Oddly, it doesn't get, at least in this country, anywhere near the attention as St. Patrick's Day, but today really is the Feast of St. Joseph. Once again Uncle Frankie showed up for only a little while yesterday. Yesterday I finished "Vanity Fair" & started re_reading Evelyn Waugh's "Vile Bodies". The weather, when I first left this morning, was very damp & raining. We most certainly need the rain, but it's still a rotten feeling. Everyone was quite surprised yesterday to hear of Natasha Richardson's death. It could have been much worse. She could have lived indefinitely like Terri Schiavo, Eluana Englaro or Karen Anne Quinlan. At least it's all over for her. Recently, on Facebook, I took a test to see how much of a New Yorker I am. It was mostly for the hard core city slickers. I lived in Queens when I was a kid but the test was geared toward people who've really been significantly engrossed in it all. Somehow I must have guessed all the right answers. Yesterday I got gas at the Unimart in Exeter on Wyoming Avenue.

No comments: