Saturday, March 21, 2009

SPRING HAS SPRUNG

Nothing nauseates me quite the way a long winter does. Today marks the very beginning of spring. This morning I showed up at the Carmelite meeting in Wilkes_Barre. Unfortunately Sister Catherine is still ill but at least she has been recuperating quite well so far. She's a diabetic & has asthma. My father has been having trouble with diabetes lately too. We covered all the usual things at the meeting. A few people weren't available. There were five of us today. We met in the conference room because the room we usually meet in is being renovated. Yesterday I got a letter from Natalie from my old Carmelite group. It was a reference to something from the works of John Henry Cardinal Newman. Uncle Frankie came over for a while yesterday & ate with us. Later today, as usual, I have to cover for one of the lectors. This time it's Laura. She called last night to make sure I'd be available to show up.

No comments: