Wednesday, May 27, 2009

MISERABLE WEATHER

Today we wish a rousing happy birthday to my cousin Gino. Yesterday I went back over to the Barnes & Noble by the mall again. While I was there I couldn't help noticing that John Huston, in 1979, made a movie of Flannery O'Connor's "Wise Blood". Oddly, I'd never even heard of it before. The weather was very dreary yesterday & it started raining quite a whole lot late in the afternoon. On my way home I couldn't help noticing that there was an accident on the main road immediately outside the shopping centers. Today's weather's been very bad too. I usually don't like what's on TV & can't stand staying up late anyway but last night was a little different. There was a show on channel 3 about the fifty all time best TV comedy catch phrases. Quite a few of my very favorites appeared to have made their way onto the list.