Thursday, May 28, 2009

NEW STORM DOOR

We just got really good news from Gino & Michelle. They intend to adopt a child & are doing quite well so far with all the plans. Uncle Frankie showed up for a while yesterday. Mary Anne called yesterday too. Bridget's birthday went quite well. So far this morning the weather's been nicer than it was yesterday. I've still been reading quite voraciously lately. It pays to keep abreast of all the current & historical cultural, political & other movements. My parents, finally & at last, have wised up & gotten a new storm door for the front of the house. That last one was a total nightmare. It was absolutely as old as the hills & didn't work even the least bit well. This one is at least easy to lock & unlock. I'm not even the least bit happy with the fact that Sonya Sotomayor is in favor of both abortion & reverse discrimination. Unfortunately I'm not the least bit surprised either. Amazingly I've just noticed there's a site on Facebook that lists all the available public bathrooms in Manhattan. That's one of the main things I've always despised about Manhattan is the dearth of public facilities.