Thursday, June 18, 2009

CAR TROUBLES OVER


The car repairs yesterday only took a fairly short time. I needed air conditioner work & an oil change. The place I went to does a good job & is closer than the two places I'd been going to so far. From now on I shall be able to see through my windows & avoid temperature extremes. It was all done by early yesterday afternoon. Amazingly they didn't end up conveniently finding anything else wrong with the car. Last night, right after the show about Shakespeare, I went over to O.L. Mt. Carmel in Pittston for another meeting of that group I'm involved with. The Oblates are going to send a few of their priests over to Hazleton to work with the really large Hispanic population over there. They first came to Pittston because of the many Italians in the area during the early twentieth century. It was a really interesting night. Of course it rained violently all night. Our next meeting will be on July 1. Uncle Frankie showed up for a while yesterday. He has to go to a party for someone in his family this weekend. Today Beatle Sir Paul turns sixty seven years old. We shall have to wish him quite a fab birthday.