Tuesday, June 26, 2007

MOMENT OF TRUTH COMING UP SOON


The annual Hilldale hullaballoo is only three short days away. I've been exercising & losing lots of weight lately but it will all most certainly come back then. Today the Wyoming Bridge is closed from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. On the Fourth of July, the Borough of Wyoming will be having a very nice kind of fair for a few hours to celebrate. I can't stand all the fireworks at night but other than that it's a right groovy time by me. I've been reading the lector manual that I got from Rocco. It makes very many perfectly legitimate points about public speaking in general but it's awfully nauseatingly politically correct. I've simply never been able to stomach that inclusive language crap & the Religious who wrote it makes it quite clear that as far as he's concerned it's the one & only acceptable way to go. I also read, for a minute, the latest issue of the Newsletter from St. John the Baptist D.H.S. in West Islip. I see Wally Lace is still principal & Barbara Walsh is assistant principal. They were both among my favorite teachers. Sr. Therese Joyce, O.S.F. from the library even got a big award.

No comments: