Friday, January 11, 2008

BITTER MISERABLE DAY


So far, today has been icy cold & rainy. I'm always insanely cold anyway. Days like this get me crazy. Yesterday was much nicer. I just found out about a new law that, although it won't affect me, is still bad. All Americans born after Dec. 1, 1964 are now required by law, thanks to the geniuses at Homeland Security, to get more secure driver's licenses. It's supposedly an attempt to protect us against terrorism. Are people's civil rights now at stake even more than they usually are in this country anyway? I never agree with the A.C.L.U. about anything but this sounds like a mighty intense invasion of privacy. I only have a little while to go yet of that Tolstoy book. I've never really had the patience to be able to put up with any one book for so long. It's quite odd for me to have to remember that people have been known to RE.READ the thing! The weekend is most probably going to be, as far as I know, quite a nice, typical one. Nothing eventful, to the best of my knowledge, should be going on. I'm a fairly sedentary kind of fellow so that suits me just fine. Before the end of the month, I shall have to get my car inspected over at Jiffy Lube.

No comments: