Friday, January 04, 2008

STILL COLD


Mary Anne called yesterday. So far, Bridget has been doing quite well. She & Sam are already back in school but college boy Michael still has a lot of time off. The weather is absolutely bitter around here. At least there's no precipitation so I'm quite happy with it all. I watched "I Love Lucy" again last night. Today, in the "Citizen's Voice", I read an article by a columnist who bemoaned the TV writers' strike. I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, current pop culture isn't even worth bothering with anyway. Another columnist, quite a curmudgeonly sort, devoted his entire column to the overuse of certain words, often divorced from their legitimate contexts, thereby rendering them bereft of their legitimate meanings. This has always been quite a pet peeve of mine too. If there's one thing that really rankles my nerves, it's abuse of language. Today it's time for 2008's very first ever Friday dance. One new year's resolution must be to perfect the Friday dance.

No comments: