Wednesday, February 06, 2008

ASH WEDNESDAY

Today's the first day of Lent. Predictably when I went to Mass this morning, it was more crowded than usual. I, as usual, ended up being the lector at 9:00 a.m. Mass. Lately the weather at 7:00 a.m. is about forty degrees which is seriously weird around here. I completely forgot to mention that last month was my second anniversary on blogger. I also forgot to say that the end of the month was the fortieth anniversary of the Tet Offensive, a big milestone of the Viet Nam War. I read more of "The Possessed" last night. Soon I shall be finished with it. I ended up watching "The Beverly Hillbillies" yesterday. I'd always liked that show as a kid. I even got a comic book of it once. It's insanely anachronistic but then so am I. There's virtually nothing on TV these days. It really gets me crazy when I talk to people who are ardent followers of all sorts of current shows. All the kinfolk still have the flu so I alone am healthy.

No comments: