Saturday, February 09, 2008

SNOWING

This morning, on my car radio, I heard Cheryl Crow's version of Led Zeppelin's "D'yer Mak'er" & U2's version of John Lennon's "Instant Karma". None of the new stuff ever turns out to be any good, though I have heard the occasional worthy remake every once in a while. It's snowing. I should hope it doesn't amount to anything. Last February, around Valentine's Day, there was a major blizzard & I'm not ready for another one like that. Gas prices have been going down lately. That's always very good to see. Yesterday, because it was Friday, I ended up having to spend much of the day pigging out on haddock & French fries. I've never been all that crazy about fish but it was cool. I especially enjoyed the potatoes. As soon as I finished "The Possessed" last night, I immediately moved right on to yet another try at Jane Austen's "Emma". I've been trying to find my millions of missing books but they're nowhere in sight so far.

No comments: