Tuesday, February 05, 2008

FAT TUESDAY

Today is Mardi Gras day. It's a pretty big deal over in New Orleans. When cousin Java owned Byer's a while ago, we used to have Cajun food on the menu. Days like this, in areas where they go big over it, food like that must make for quite a nice time. I'm really getting very close to the end of "The Possessed". It's still keeping my brain cells hopping. Last night I watched the famous classic silent movie, "Wings". It was Gary Cooper's first movie. I really liked it but it was entirely too long. So was "Sense & Sensibility". I don't usually get a chance to see a silent movie since not many are available in stores & the ones they show on TV only seem to be on after midnight. I can't stand staying up late but I knew I'd never be able to see it any other way. Alas, all the local kinfolk still appear to have the flu. That's part of the reason I'm in no hurry to get a haircut. In this weather, I could be the next one to get sick. People are all getting sick & tired of the winter but spring is fast approaching. Of course, people all still oohing, aahing & drooling over the Super Bowl but I just can't get interested.

No comments: