Monday, February 04, 2008

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

Congratulations to all you New Yorkers & fans thereof. The Giants beat the Patriots. I didn't bother with the game. Oh for sure, I most certainly ate chicken cutlets & shrimp. According to what I've heard form folks in the know, though, it was a good game. I watched the movie version of Jane Austen's "Sense & Sensibility" with Emma Thompson & Kate Winslet. I've read a lot of Austen by now. Unfortunately, I can't find my copies of "Sense & Sensibility" & "Pride & Prejudice" these days. I finished a lot of "The Possessed" yesterday too. On the kinfolk scene, the latest scoop is on new e mail addresses. We always have liked to keep track of each other that way. Of course, I still haven't bothered to get a haircut. Fran came over yesterday & gave us some really nice hot soup. She & Uncle Frankie, and my parents, are still awfully sick with the flu. I don't have it. On Saturday night, right after I lectored at 5:00 p.m. Mass with Mary, I made sure I took a trip over to Pittston to see the O.L. Mt. Carmel Italian feast for a little while. Fortunately it was inside. One of the church ladies reminded me that the winter weather is entirely too cold around here for an outside feast like the one they have each summer. I made sure I got a cheeseburger & a couple of contest tickets before I left.

No comments: