Saturday, May 31, 2008

UNEVENTFUL WEEKEND

Nothing much has happened lately as May dwindles to a nice quiet close. I went to 7:30 Mass this morning, as usual, at O.L. Mt. Carmel in Pittston. Unfortunately, although the weather had been very nice for the first few hours this morning, recently it started pouring, leaving us with a dreary day. On the way home I made sure I stopped at the Valero gas station for a paper. Gas prices are absolutely obscene these days. At that station, the station next door to the church & all the other local places around here, they really seem to be determined to rook the consumer blind. The other big news is about the lunatic priest who's been making all the headlines with his anti.Hillary rantings. That's just what the Church needs these days is to have a guy like that on display. I'll bet all the liberals will be taking every possible advantage of it. The Fourth of July is literally only little over a month away now. I'm sure all the kinfolk will be abuzz with a never_ending list of plans for their big Hilldale bash. KrissyKrissyKrissy will, we can most certainly hope, show up with little Natalie, who's this year's addition to the never ending list of relatives. I watched "I Love Lucy" & "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" yesterday in order to get my daily dose of exposure to the world of show business. Right now there's a kid in his early teens sitting right next to me listening to songs like Jefferson Airplane's "White Rabbit", the Rolling Stones' "Paint It Black" & all sorts of other hippie era stuff.

No comments: