Tuesday, May 27, 2008

LONG WEEKEND OVER

The weekend is finished. It was a splendid time for one & all. The new GPS got us back & forth quite well. There was a lot of traffic on I_95 by the George Washington Bridge though, so we were about forty five minutes late getting home. Over the weekend, Steve, Michael & I played the guitar & Sam played drums. I made sure, this time, to show up with my Beatles book. I went to 12:00 Mass at St. Mary of the Isle on Sunday. Monsignor Bob Brennan, who grew up in Lindenhurst, was the celebrant. He was to O.L.P.H. until he became a priest & we both graduated from St. John's High School, three years apart. On Sunday afternoon, we went to see Aunt Norma for a while. All seem to be doing well these days with them. It was a good way to catch up with the local gossip. On the way home we stopped at a local IHOP on Sunrise Highway. I got an order of blintzes. Michael kept me up all night last night rambling on about morality, ethics & the ultimate meaning of life. We made it home just in time. It's absolutely pouring out now. It was slightly drizzling when we first left but was really nice until just now.

No comments: