Wednesday, July 16, 2008

O.L. MT CARMEL FEAST DAY

Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. Yesterday & last night were somewhat busy for us. My father needed help with getting some paperwork done. Michelle (Gino's wife, not the blood cousin) & her mother showed up. So did Uncle Frankie. Mary Anne even called, though I don't think there was any connection. KrissyKrissyKrissy called. She wanted to make sure she told us about the plans for Natalie's christening. It's supposed to be very early next month. Unfortunately, I got some really bad news from Dave, the neighborhood handyman, this morning, when I first left to go to Mass. He told me that someone had stolen his gas can, which was full. My parents reminded me later on that it wasn't such a particularly bright idea of him to have left it out in the wide open in the first place. That's a whole nother story of its own though. Dave's more than a bit hard to explain. There's most certainly no shortage of neighborhood characters around here, shall we say? I sent a card out this morning to Grace, Daren's mother. Daren died in 2005 & Monday, the 21st, would have been her birthday. Yesterday I made sure I practiced my guitar & read some more of a book I have about St. Therese of Lisieux. We haven't seen hide or hair of Fran in quite a while. I assume she's been very busy lately. There hasn't been any rain or otherwise bad weather lately so I'm quite happy with it all these days.

No comments: