Tuesday, October 21, 2008

BEATLE RINGO

Alas, Beatle Ringo, because of all sorts of aggravation with fans' requests for autographs, has flatly refused to sign any more autographs after October 20. In January, the Fab Four's drummer angered fellow Liverpudlians by saying he didn't miss his hometown. Even at sixty eight years old, a Beatle can still ruffle feathers. Uncle Frankie came over for a while yesterday. The weather so far today has been extremely bitter cold, cloudy & raining. I'm still reading "Hamlet". It gets easier as I keep going further & further through it. It's the one with the classic "To be or not to be..." soliloquy & Polonius' advice to Laertes. Everybody is at least somewhat familiar with both those passages. Tonight at St. Joseph's they'll be having their annual thank_you party for the Harvest Festival workers. I always used to enjoy those things over at O.L.P.H. & St. John the Baptist. I'm sure St. John's must have already had their homecoming game by now. It was really nice when I used to be able to get to show up every year. I've never liked sports but I used to enjoy the breakfast & picking on a few of my old teachers.

No comments: