Saturday, October 25, 2008

ST JUDE NOVENA

I plum forgot all about the annual novena to St. Jude over in Pittston but I can still go for the last few days. This morning when I showed up at 7:30 Mass in Pittston, there was a priest laid out in his coffin for his funeral. The first time I ever noticed anything like that when I was a kid over in East Elmhurst, at St. Gabriel's, my first time as an altar boy. The only other thing I remember about that time was that Lisa Sollazzo's brother was there too. After Mass I made sure I stopped for gas, as usual &, as always, the Citizen's Voice. This morning it's damp & raining but it's much nicer than recent rainy mornings, that have been very bitter, foggy & cold. My father & Uncle Frankie, as usual went to their big high school game last night. Yesterday I finished "Hamlet" & started re_reading "Troilus & Cressida". I hope I can finish it this time. I keep playing my guitar. Yesterday I cracked open my Eric Clapton books again.

No comments: