Saturday, October 04, 2008

OKTOBERFEST

So far the weekend has started out on quite a nice note. My father & Uncle Frankie went to their usual football game last night. After 7:30 Mass this morning, in Pittston, I noticed that the little convenience store at the gas station next door is open again. I got the Citizen's Voice there. I also couldn't help being surprised that gas over there is down to only $3.39.9 per gallon. That's insanely low considering what it's been for quite a while by now. It still stinks though. I miss Lindenhurst's big Oktoberfest every year. I'm most certainly looking forward to tracking one down somewhere around here tomorrow. The crowd & traffic have always really annoyed me but other than that it's a really interesting time. For some reason I've yet to get a haircut. This morning I noticed some conspicuous grey streaks. Up until now they'd been hard to find, usually hidden underneath. Later today, I have to lector yet again at 5:00 Mass. In spite of what the librarian said yesterday there was no rain. It's been nice so far today too.

No comments: