Tuesday, December 16, 2008

MISERABLE WEATHER

It snowed last night & there's a miserable rain this morning. At least yesterday's rain wasn't so cold. Christmas very fast approaches. Santa Claus already made his rounds through the neighborhood on his big fire truck here recently. Aunt Lauren came over yesterday when my parents were shopping at Wegmann's. She left a present for them. I made sure I got Karen's exact address straightened out so we can send her a nice card. I've just read in the "San Francisco Chronicle" that Beatle Paul has recently stated that he, not John Lennon, was the political Beatle. McCartney claims that a mid_1960's meeting with fruitcake philosopher Bertrand Russell got him interested in protesting the Viet Nam War. This, says he, led to the Fabs' now notorious political & social activism. This Saturday morning I shall have to go to another Carmelite meeting in Wilkes_Barre.

No comments: